The Nigerian Lion retains constructing momentum heading into 2024.
Though he got here up brief in his quest to win the 2023 Mr. Olympia, it’s taken lower than 10 days for Samson Dauda so as to add two extra titles to his blossoming bodybuilding resume.
Coming off a first-place end on the 2023 Romania Muscle Fest Professional, the Nigerian Lion seemed incredible in yet one more dominant efficiency from throughout the pond. After capturing high honors within the Males’s Open division in Romania on Nov. 12, 2023, Dauda stood atop the rostrum once more on the 2023 EVLS Prague Professional, securing an IFBB Professional League present victory and a $10,000 examine for the second straight weekend.
2023 EVLS Prague Professional Division-by-Division Outcomes
The 2023 EVLS Prague Professional featured athletes from six divisions competing for a coveted championship, first-place prize cash, and computerized qualification for the 2024 Olympia. Listed here are the ultimate outcomes based mostly on the official scorecards made out there by the IFBB Professional League.
Between putting third on the 2023 Olympia and beating out defending Romania Muscle Fest Pro champion Behrooz Tabanai Abarghani for the 2023 title, Samson Dauda had all of the momentum heading into the EVLS Prague Professional. Nevertheless, he confronted some stiff competitors within the type of Michal “Krizo” Krizanek, who took residence high honors on the 2022 present.
Finally, although, Dauda’s muscular body and tighter look helped him fend off a formidable area that additionally included Rubiel Mosquera and Nathan De Asha, who completed third and fourth, respectively, behind the Columbian native.
- Samson Dauda (United Kingdom)
- Michal Krizanek (Slovakia)
- Rubiel Mosquera (Columbia)
- Nathan De Asha (United Kingdom)
- Jan Turek (Czech Republic)
- Liang Yan (China)
- Roman Fritz (Germany)
- Rob Cannon (United Kingdom)
- Hameed Juma (Bahrain)
- Pavel Beran (Czech Republic)
Identical to Dauda, Ahmad Ali Ashkanani adopted up a strong exhibiting on the Olympia with a win in Romania. And similar to the Nigerian Lion, the Kuwait native completed first in his division for the second consecutive weekend.
As soon as once more, Ashkanani earned the nod over Italy’s Giuseppe Zagarella, who additionally settled for second on the 2023 Romania Muscle Fest Professional.
- Ahmad Ali Ashkanani (Kuwait)
- Giuseppe Zagarella (Italy)
- Lucas Goncalez (Brazil)
- Dawid Cnota (Poland)
- Giorgi Adikashvili (Georgia)
- Daniel Vasilica (Romania)
- Damian Kryszpin (Poland)
- Vincent Alliot (France)
The conflict for the Basic Physique division title in Prague got here down to 2 rivals who carried out properly on the 2023 Olympia. Urs Kalecinski, who completed third on the Olympia earlier than successful the 2023 Texas State Professional on Nov. 11, 2023, went toe-to-toe with Michael Daboul, who positioned sixth on the Olympia.
Regardless of a robust exhibiting from Daboul, “The Miracle Bear” emerged victorious, additional cementing his standing as probably the greatest Basic Physique rivals on the earth.
- Urs Kalecinski (Germany)
- Michael Daboul (United Kingdom)
- Alexander Westermeier (Germany)
- Sebastien Theurel (France)
- Karol Rogaczewski (Poland)
- Jordi Romero Marsal (Spain)
- Ruben Lopez Reyes (Spain)
- German Pastor (Spain)
- George Acheampong (Denmark)
- Matthias Hollweck (Germany)
- Manuel Moisel (Germany)
- Karar Aljalabi (Belgium)
- Tunde Chris Taylor (Germany)
- Sebastian Guncik (Czech Republic)
- Ali Khan (Afghanistan)
- Alberto Milani (Italy)
- Fernando Gornals Margol (Spain)
[Related: Chris Bumstead Claims Fifth Consecutive Classic Physique Championship at 2023 Mr. Olympia]
In one other instance of why momentum issues, Miroslav Juricek joined Samson Dauda and Ahmad Ali Ashkanani in successful the Romania Muscle Fest Professional and the EVLS Prague Professional. Each he and fellow Czech Republic native Ondrej Kmostake represented their nation properly by claiming the highest two spots within the Males’s Physique Division.
- Miroslav Juricek (Czech Republic)
- Ondrej Kmostak (Czech Republic)
- Furkan Er (Turkey)
- Adeyemi Awoyani (United Kingdom)
- Andrea Amato (Italy)
- Dawid Wachelka (Poland)
- Dylan Crane (France)
- Jeffrey Darko (United Kingdom)
- Viachaslau Tarasevich (Belarus)
- Mohammad Almutawah (Kuwait)
- Alessandro Cavagnola (Italy)
- Panek Alexandru (Romania)
- Ramzi Boubaker (Germany)
- Oskar Tchorzewski (Poland)
- Aryan Ali (Germany)
It was one other rinse-and-repeat scenario with the Determine division, as Romania Muscle Fest Professional winner Tereza Linhartova locked up her second title in as many weeks. Whereas Spain’s Rejoice Godwin claimed third in her second straight present, Romania’s Stefana Sandu went from ending in second to falling to fourth, as USA’s Maria Luisa Diaz earned the No. 2 spot in Prague.
- Tereza Linhartova (Czech Republic)
- Maria Luisa Diaz (USA)
- Rejoice Godwin (Spain)
- Stefana Sandu (Romania)
- Behnaz Nasrollahi Azar (Germany)
- Zulfya Bitiyeva (Kazakhstan)
- Kamara Graham (United Kingdom)
- Karine Hajjar (Qatar)
- Tamires Silva (Brazil)
- Sonja Ivanov (Germany)
- Anna Kohckar (Ukraine)
- Natalia Sharapova (Russia)
- Gabriela Linhartova (Czech Republic)
- Vanessa Happle (Germany)
- Gabriela Hejna (Czech Republic)
- Alina Yaman (UKR)
The battle for the Bikini division title turned out in a different way in Prague than it did in Romania. After incomes the title the weekend prior, Italy’s Alice Marchisio fell to 3rd, as Romania Muscle Fest Professional runner-up Valerya Fedorenko stormed forward to say the win and a $10,000 prize.
Fellow Ukrainian Violeta Palamarchuk additionally loved a profitable exhibiting, vaulting up from eighth on the Romania Muscle Fest Professional to second on the EVLS Prague Professional.
- Valerya Fedorenko (Ukraine)
- Violeta Palamarchuk (Ukraine)
- Alice Marchisio (Italy)
- Dorottya Zoe Toth (Hungary)
- Renata Nowak (Poland)
- Sara Punzetti (Italy)
- Lisa Reith (Germany)
- Sara Lujza Rogacsi (Hungary)
- Olivia Pohankova Kovac (Slovakia)
- Petra Voldanova (United Kingdom)
- Andrina Scharli (Switzerland)
- Mara Carro
- Ka’Tai Luca (Hungary)
- Johanna Durr (Germany)
- Irene Iravedra Cunarro (Spain)
Total, Samson Dauda deserves main credit score for persevering with to compete after placing all the things on the road on the 2023 Mr. Olympia. Whereas he may have simply rested on his laurels and been happy with a third-place end on the largest bodybuilding present of the yr, he’s achieved the precise reverse.
So, regardless that the Nigerian Lion didn’t go away Orlando, FL, with a $400,000 prize and essentially the most coveted title within the sport, he’s actually made essentially the most of his journey to Europe by taking residence titles in back-to-back contests.
Featured Picture: Samson Dauda / Instagram